Net Worth Update: November

This post is going to be short and sweet, and late.  Very, very late.  Needless to say I was pretty busy during November.  I was writing finals, taking finals, and planning out my 5th year anniversary trip among a host of many other tasks.

In October we saw a net worth of... 

- $111,361.71

My net worth for November was...

- $110,622.32

That is a difference of...

+ $ 739.39

This is normally the part of the post where we take a look at the amount of money in each account.  I will not be doing that this month due to being so late in the posting that the data I get from Mint would not provide a very accurate picture of where we were in November.  We will take a look at the goals though.

GOALS:

1. Read ten books by the end of this year: 4/10.  This past month I read a Tom Clancy novel.  I really enjoy Clancy novels and anytime I get my hands on one usually read it within two weeks, no matter how busy I am.


2. Savings: Got the savings up to 8k.  Still got about 7k to go until we are finished with our goal.


3. Retirement: A bit of exciting news here, as my insurance agent called and said that my school is now going to be offering a 403b plan through VANGUARD!!!  whoop whoop.  Not only that, but once I start regularly investing in this plan it will drop my insurance by 6% annually, and the fees with vanguard are WAY lower than what I am currently paying.  The only thing that worries me is the tax implications of rolling my current funds (ie...can I do this without a penalty yada yada yada).  


4. Masters: Finished with three more classes, got all A's!!!  I guess even the professors aren't immune to bribery (lol jkjk).  Now I just have to apply for tuition reimbursement.  I am hoping it isn't too late, because the grades just posted yesterday (December 22nd), so I'm really scrambling to get the paperwork into our district office.


5. Devotions: Well it is official, I am not doing so well in this area of my life.  I have been listening to a bunch of faith based podcasts, but I can't seem to force myself to sit down and crank out a page worth of verses each day.  I really need to make this a top priority in 2015 2016.  


6. Blog Posting:  Made it again just under the wire.  The next post will be coming much sooner.  It has been quite a year so far, and I have to say I am really thankful.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I really enjoy being able to celebrate it in a country as great as ours.  I truly feel content in my life and I wish that everyone who reads this feels the same way.


Later gators

Old School Coinage




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Net Worth Update: January

Old School's (negative) NET WORTH!!! First Edition

Net Worth Update: October 2017