Back to School...

...back to school, to prove to dada that I'm no fool.  If you don't recognize that movie line then crank it up on IMDB.  That's right suckas, it is from the one and only Billy Madison.  What gives?

Am I headed back to grade school.  No, even though my maturity level warrants that I probably should be.  What can I say?  I just love a good fart joke.

I am headed back to college!

Photo courtesy Yahoo Images

If you have been reading this blog then that isn't news.  In fact, right now I sit here on campus, waiting for the next class to start because my other class got canceled baby!  My class getting canceled turned out to be a good thing because I was really craving a red bull and cram session (see, I feel collegiate already!).

I digress.  The real reason for this post is to point out how much better of a college student I am the second time around.  

The first time I decided to not go to class.  OFTEN.

I played video games.  OFTEN.

I stayed up late, ate cake, and rarely worked at a job that paid me money.  OFTEN.

Are you seeing a common theme as to why I wasn't successful.  Yet often (lol), back in the first round of college days for old school I whined.  I whined about how I had to take out student loans, about how I didn't make enough money, and how I was getting poor grades because those big bad professors hated me.

Stupid.  That is what I was.  That is not even an opinion, it is a fact.  Or maybe it is a opinion that is fact.  We call that factinion...or I suppose you call it truth. 

Cue dramatic turn around...aka I got married and my wife whooped my butt into shape.  See, I've never been afraid of hard work, but I never had a purpose or reason to work hard.  

My wife changed all that.  My perspective shifted.  I realized that I had to stop being so selfish, and trust me I still struggle with this daily.  I did, however, begin to think of someone else and realized that I was responsible for the fate of another individual.

SO without further ado here are Old Schools tips to succeeding in college and the ones I'm applying the second time around.

1. Go to class.  OFTEN

2. Study, read, pray.  OFTEN

3. Go to bed early, work hard, and eat healthy.  OFTEN

Hey, wait a second.  That is just the opposite of what you did the first time around.  

EXACTLY.

I think you can figure how to put 2 and 2 together, you look smart.

OSC out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Net Worth Update: January

Old School's (negative) NET WORTH!!! First Edition

Net Worth Update: October 2017