My content has been sucking...

Some of you reading this are probably like, "Old School finally came to senses."  He finally realizes that this blog is the equivalent of a dried out turd, old and smelly! 

Ok.  That may have been a bit harsh just now.  I don't think my entire blog has been a waste.  I've actually enjoyed writing and some of my posts are quite good (in this blogger's humble opinion:)

I just haven't had time.  I have a million ideas, a ton of pokers in the fire if you will.  All of these ideas float around my mind and bang off the walls of my brain, never to be conceptualized.  I admit, I usually have an idea and then don't follow through.

Worse is when I do follow through, stick with it for but a fortnight, and then discard it assuming it was a stupid idea.  The idea wasn't stupid though, I just don't stick with things long enough to make them work. 

I guess that is why I'm writing this post.  Even though this blogs state is in a current pile of poop, I'm going to keep writing.  I will stick with this.  I will not give up.  Sometimes you just have to take a break from ideas, step back, and then try again with a renewed perspective. 

A good example of this is J Moneys side hustle series.  I pledged to start making money on Craigslist many months ago.  I took the business approach and attempted to buy low, sell high, and turn a profit.

Can this approach be done.  Yes!  By me?  Not so much;)  I consider myself a good salesman...but I just wasn't willing to put in the time to study the market trends, be patient to buy the right products, and then post multiple times on CL or ebay.  So I quit...

Fast forward to today.  Due to a party we are having in October, (October came fast!), I am decluttering the basement.  I figured, what the hey I'll snap a couple photos of some of this junk and throw it up on CL.

Low and behold, someone else was interested in my junk!  I've already sold one item for $10.00...woo hoo!  I didn't even have to make an extra trip to sell, it was on my way home from work.  So I'm +10 bucks and - junk.  Win win.  The guy I sold to got a really good deal on a barely used tool.  Win win win.

In fact, I'm probably going to sell another item this Saturday for 50.00 or whatever the guy/gal offers me within reason.

Why is the CL working for me now and not earlier.  It could be a number of things.  I'm not desperate anymore or trying really hard...you ever smell a desperate salesman (they smell bad).  It could be that my postings have gotten better or maybe I just got lucky.

I don't really care.  I making those phat stacks baby!  Well, at least a little extra cash anyway. 

You may ask what is your point Old School...you suckered me in here telling me your content sucked, and then you flip the script, what gives?

I don't really know.  That is my point.  I don't know the direction this blog is headed, I don't know the direction I'm headed, and I really don't know where I will end up.

One thing I do know is that I think I'm going to keep writing though.

I kind of like it and I hope you do to.

Dueces.

OSC out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Net Worth Update: January

Old School's (negative) NET WORTH!!! First Edition

Net Worth Update: October 2017