Net Worth Update: March

Well that went pretty fast didn't it?  Another year in the books for me and as March flew by I became a year older.  28.  Twenty eight years old.  Hard to believe that I'm nearing thirty.  30!!!  I'm not for sure if I am exactly where I want to be, but I am having fun being where I am.

Now on to the good stuff you number crunching peeping toms...

Mint says my current net worth is...

- 115,327.93

That is a difference of...

152.74

Wow.  Someone light the world on fire because I'll pay for the repairs...errr maybe just a house... Check that.  Light nothing on fire except for maybe our butts for going on an out of control spending month.

Lets take a look at the account breakdowns and figure out what happened.

Account Breakdown 

1. Emergency Fund                  $10,230.65                                                                                                2. Checking                              $201.01
3. Chase Sapphire Preferred  - $1,141.65
4. Wife's Card                        - $21.08
5. Mortgage                           - $159,554.11
6. Wife's 401k                          $15,696.56
7. My Roth                               $561.89
8. My 403b                               $7,100.25
9. Wife's Car                            $9,222.00
10. My Car                               $2,500.00

Interesting.  It seems as if we had a very spendy month...perhaps we have been hanging around a certain materialistic dinosaur too much from 1500 days.

Regardless we need to reign this pattern in.  My wife has bribed me that if we have three on budget months she will let me replace our old dying xbox with a new one.  Seems counterproductive to me and I may not even want to get it by the end of three months, but for now just the idea of a short term goal and reward is motivating me to use cash and lay off the credit.

We have in fact gone back to the cash envelopes and find them to work the best.  I don't know why we keep flip flopping every month when we know what works...its got to be sheer darn LAZINESS on our part.

One good thing that occured this past month was that the dreaded mortgage finally dipped below 160k...hahahaha suck it mortgage!

Long way to go before our goal of under 150k but we keep trucking.

Other Goals...

1. Book reading: 2/10.  No change on this front as I continue to read another book about tennis and improving my coaching.  I will probably finish American Sniper since I got that for my birthday near the end of March.  I look to have that done in early April and I highly recommend the book to anyone who is an American and proud to be so.

2. Savings: Stagnant...nothing to see hear, move along:( 

3. IMRF: See above line related to me being a slacker.

4. Masters: Whoop whoop...I'm in like flynn.  I just need to complete a couple of mandatory forms (parking, insurance, etc...) and pass an entrance interview.  I will then be on my way to becoming edumacated!!!

5. Still nothing new on learning a new language and still no progress on devos...although I have been reading ODB more frequently... I would say at least 5 out of 7 days.

6. This will count as my post for the month and although hasty...well lets just say it is hasty.  Super busy with masters and house projects so for now...

Gotta run! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Net Worth Update: January

Old School's (negative) NET WORTH!!! First Edition

Net Worth Update: October 2017