Net Worth Update: July

So here we are again faithful readers, or whoever out there stumbled onto this website.  Maybe it's just people practicing their english?  Well jokes on them,cause my site is filled with fragments, run-ons, terrible jokes, and poorly written content!

But just in case you happen to still care what is going on in the Old School abode lets break out some numbers.

Mint says my current net worth is...

- $110,137.72

That is a difference of....

+ $4,077.22!

What up baby!  We blew July out of the water. I came in like a wrecking ball, um er, wait that doesn't mean what it used to mean.  Thanks a lot Cyrus.

How did we do it?  Well we did get a little bit of money in inheritance.  We also got paid from my summer job finally although now it is over and I am preparing to head back for another school year.

Here is a breakdown of our accounts...

1. Emergency Fund                  $6,809.67                                                                                               
2. Checking                              $410.21
3. Car Account                         $880.29
4. Chase Sapphire Preferred  - $743.76
5. Wife's Card                        - $0.00
6. Mortgage                           - $157,253.10
7. Wife's 401k                          $16,755.86
8. My Roth                               $507.57
9. My 403b                               $8,180.31
10. Wife's Car                           $9,222.00
11. My Car                               $2,500.00

   *It should be noted that the value on our vehicles is incorrect, and I need to adjust this...but you all know by this point where that lies on my list of priorities.  (If you didn't it lies right below visiting the dentist and right above going to the doctor).

We had a better month overall.  Currently our savings got boosted back up, but it will probably be in a state of flux over the next four years due to us cash flowing my masters program.  Student's gotta study!  (Man that sounded so much cooler in my head)

GOALS:

1. Read ten books before the end of the year: 3/10  I am currently still on 3/10 but that will change with August's review because I am nearing the end of a couple of books.  I will update this goal then.

2. Savings: Back up to 6k in the bizank!  But this will change as I have to pay tuition again, and then I get reimbursed pending grades, so this is going to be a roller coaster for a while. 

3. IMRF: Um yeah, still haven't done a dang thing here...maybe August?

4. Masters: Man, this summer has gone crazy fast.  I am almost done with two more classes and currently in a super hard class, so hopefully I do ok in that one.  Fingers crossed!

5. Devotions: More podcasts and more reading of my devotions have def changed my attitude.  I've got to keep this a top priority in my life.

6. Blog Posting: Another one down, I'm going to stay on top of this as best I can.  I will get tired ocassionaly from all the paper writing, so it seems that the last thing I want to do is write some more.  I also know that if I keep writing it keeps me focused and disciplined and this is a good thing.  Welp, see you guys later.

School is almost back in session!    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Net Worth Update: January

Old School's (negative) NET WORTH!!! First Edition

Net Worth Update: October 2017