Net Worth Update: August

Once again another month passes too quickly and once again here I am making excuses...I mean shoot!  I didn't even roll out this net worth update on the 15th like normal... I waited until the freaking 20th!  That is pretty bad lol...but as my father-in-law says "Oh well."

So crank up the phantom of the opera (what I am indulging in right now) and lets navigate some numbers.

Mint says that my net worth in August was...

- $105,580.86

This is a difference of...

+ $4556.86

Hot dang...another positive month.  This surely isn't sustainable:0  I will take it though.  I have noticed a sever change in our spending patterns, and def. for the positive.  Using cash for our problem areas really does help!

Lets get a closer look at our accounts...

1. Emergency Fund                  $8,629.86                                                                                                
2. Checking                              $369.39 
3. Car Account                         $1090.41
4. Chase Sapphire Preferred  - $29.99
5. Wife's Card                        - $0.00
6. Mortgage                           - $156,973.05
7. Wife's 401k                          $16,411.62
8. My Roth                               $526.41
9. My 403b                               $8,147.23
10. Wife's Car                           $7,129.00
11. My Car                               $2,218.00


We keep steadily adding to our car account.  Hopefully we can save up enough to buy a decent car before my car craps out and Lord willing my car won't crap out for quite some time (hope I didn't just jinx myself there!)

You will notice that I actually did adjust our car values so they are accurate and as usual they dropped.  The reason we were able to post another positive month is also due to the fact that we received some tuition reimbursement from my school.  Schaaaaweet!  

Let us see how we did on our goals...

GOALS:

1. Read ten books before the end of the year: 3/10  Well I thought this was going to change but those books I had almost finished...still at the same place lol.  I have a problem with starting new books before the old ones are finished.  I need the power of FOCUS or rather I need to harness the power of focus...squirrel!

2. Savings: Back up to 8k in the bizank!  But this will change as I have to pay tuition again, and then I get reimbursed pending grades, so this is going to be a roller coaster for a while. 

3. Retirement: I readjusted our balances on our retirement accounts so we are good to go for another year.  Feels good to get this done.

4. Masters: Welp another two classes down and somehow another two A's...do my professors really grade my stuff or do they just feel bad for me...oh well!  I'll take it and I'll keep working hard for dem A's!

5. Devotions: I still listen to a podcast sermon about five times a week, but I have been slacking lately in my reading of the bible.  I need to make sure to continue as this is the bedrock for my faith and life.

6. Blog Posting: Got another one down.  I have been jotting down some blog ideas lately, and saving them in drafts.  I am hoping that by doing this I can up my writing, but I'm still pretty crazy busy with school and work so we shall see what happens.  As for me I got some dubstep to listen to...catch you all on the flip side of the coinage.

OSC out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Net Worth Update: January

Old School's (negative) NET WORTH!!! First Edition

Net Worth Update: October 2017