In October we saw a net worth of...
My net worth for November was...
That is a difference of...
+ $ 739.39
This is normally the part of the post where we take a look at the amount of money in each account. I will not be doing that this month due to being so late in the posting that the data I get from Mint would not provide a very accurate picture of where we were in November. We will take a look at the goals though.
1. Read ten books by the end of this year: 4/10. This past month I read a Tom Clancy novel. I really enjoy Clancy novels and anytime I get my hands on one usually read it within two weeks, no matter how busy I am.
2. Savings: Got the savings up to 8k. Still got about 7k to go until we are finished with our goal.
3. Retirement: A bit of exciting news here, as my insurance agent called and said that my school is now going to be offering a 403b plan through VANGUARD!!! whoop whoop. Not only that, but once I start regularly investing in this plan it will drop my insurance by 6% annually, and the fees with vanguard are WAY lower than what I am currently paying. The only thing that worries me is the tax implications of rolling my current funds (ie...can I do this without a penalty yada yada yada).
4. Masters: Finished with three more classes, got all A's!!! I guess even the professors aren't immune to bribery (lol jkjk). Now I just have to apply for tuition reimbursement. I am hoping it isn't too late, because the grades just posted yesterday (December 22nd), so I'm really scrambling to get the paperwork into our district office.
5. Devotions: Well it is official, I am not doing so well in this area of my life. I have been listening to a bunch of faith based podcasts, but I can't seem to force myself to sit down and crank out a page worth of verses each day. I really need to make this a top priority in
6. Blog Posting: Made it again just under the wire. The next post will be coming much sooner. It has been quite a year so far, and I have to say I am really thankful. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I really enjoy being able to celebrate it in a country as great as ours. I truly feel content in my life and I wish that everyone who reads this feels the same way.
Old School Coinage