Does anyone else ever just freak out?

So yeah....the title is pretty much self explanatory.  Do you ever have a freak out moment?  A point in time in which you just are pushed over the edge by emotions?

I do.

Wanna know what causes these occasional freakouts?

Stuff.

That's right.  Stuff. 

Stuff that I own that needs to be taken care of.  I just get overwhelmed sometimes thinking about the amount of stuff that I need to do.  Pay this, pay that, save here, mow this, take the trash out, scoop the liter, etc... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

And for some crazy reason I find myself sometimes wanting more stuff...how sick is that!!!???

I think that a lot of times I forget about the maintenance of the stuff I want.  Very recently for example I was over at a buddies house and noticed he had a nice new xbox one.  Sweet games, cool voice control, cutting edge tech...whats not to love?  I admit that as I sat there playing around with it I enjoyed it.  I enjoyed it so much that the thought crept into my brain...

"This is sweet.  Its only $350.00 and if I got it I could get the new rock band..." (I love rock band btw, nothing like being a hero in my own mind).

Initial Pros: Awesome game, wifi built in, new graphics!
Initial Cons: Nothing, lets go buy this right now.

Thankfully I didn't buy the thing right away because if I did, my wife would have killed me.  I went home and slept off my tech induced haze.

I woke up the next morning and began going about cleaning the house.  I quickly realized that I was overwhelmed with chores and stuff to organize (I love organization).  I can't buy this thing I thought.

Pros: Cool new graphics, built in wifi, sweet games.
Cons: Price of system and continued cost of games, cleaning the system, energy used by the system, time taken away from other aspects of my life by the system.

As you can see, the cost of the system is actually quite more than the initial $350.00 and I just can't handle any more stuff in my life right now.  I have way too many house projects that deserve priority, and I have too many basic maintenance tasks that need done on a weekly basis.

When you begin to think like this, it really makes you appreciate what you have and takes the luster of the extra crap to a minimum so you don't feel compelled to buy a bunch of junk.

Just a few thoughts I had as I was passing by the computer today.

See ya around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Net Worth Update: January

Old School's (negative) NET WORTH!!! First Edition

Net Worth Update: October 2017