Net Worth Update: February

Been a while boys and girls, but that is what happens when we get into the thick of it.  Masters applications and tennis season has come upon me like the extra pounds one tends to gain right after high school.  Since today is a half day off (due to the winter weather) I figured I would take time to sit down and write out a little update.

Mint says my current net worth is...

- $115,480.67

That is a difference of...

+ $ 7966.06

What up!!!???  As a side note looks like somebody found the COLOR button!!!  Oh no... I can't STOP!!!

Well, aside from all that crazy fun let us take a look at why the Old School Family was able to improve the old net worth situation for a second month in a row.

Account Breakdown...  

1. Emergency Fund                  $10,214.39                                                                                                2. Checking                              $353.43
3. Chase Sapphire Preferred  - $729.36
4. Wife's Card                        - $0.00
5. Mortgage                           - $160,124.59
6. Wife's 401k                          $15,467.90
7. My Roth                               $546.02
8. My 403b                               $6600.83
9. Wife's Car                            $9,222.00
10. My Car                               $2,500.00

February is always a great month for the old school fam for a couple of reasons.  The first reason is that it is a short month so we are less likely to overspend.  The second reason is that my wife gets a bonus and we get our tax refund (small although it may be).  Overall this is the basic definition of being successful with finances... bring in more than you spend and save what you don't doll out.  If only we could duplicate this success every month :/

GOALS:

1. Savings- YES!!!  It has finally occurred...we are in the double digits with our savings!  10k is a number I have been pining for quite some time...15k next?  Well I probably should start with 11k and work my way from there:)

2. IMRF- needless to say I am a lazy slob and have accomplished nothing towards this goal...one of these days though I'm going to complete the transfer sheet and rollover that piddly eight hundo to my retirement. 

OTHER GOALS:

1. Book Reading: Finished my second book this month so I'm 2/10 so far.  I read a book on how to improve at tennis (important since I'm a coach).  The book went into great detail and even had a section on how to improve coaching.  I just can't remember it off the top of my head and it is currently at school.

2. My masters applications have been going well and I am waiting on one letter of recommendation and then I can send in my app!

3. Retirement is on track and we are ahead of the game due to my wife's work matching some of her bonus with a 401k contribution.  I'm not going to say where she works, but her company is awesome and does a bunch of great things for the surrounding communities.

4. Devotions have been slacking of late...I really need to get in the habit of just waking up and reading ODB (our daily bread).  It is a great way to get in a little spiritual time and really fuels the fire for more.

5. Learn a new language:  Um....does Klingon count:)  Just kidding.  I am sad to report that I have fallen by the wayside for this goal...but at least I'm getting up and running every morning...does that buy me pentance?

6. Last but not least....This is my post for this month.  I am continuing to post at least once a month for now, but I don't really expect to post much more.  I am jotting down ideas that I have but I just don't have time to sit down and crank out some good content.  Unless I can write something I think important I'm not gonna flood this blog with garbage posts (there may be silly posts,  but let there be no trash!)

Anyways, see everybody next month.

Love-All

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Net Worth Update: January

Old School's (negative) NET WORTH!!! First Edition

Net Worth Update: October 2017