Thursday, October 1, 2015

My content has been sucking...

Some of you reading this are probably like, "Old School finally came to senses."  He finally realizes that this blog is the equivalent of a dried out turd, old and smelly! 

Ok.  That may have been a bit harsh just now.  I don't think my entire blog has been a waste.  I've actually enjoyed writing and some of my posts are quite good (in this blogger's humble opinion:)

I just haven't had time.  I have a million ideas, a ton of pokers in the fire if you will.  All of these ideas float around my mind and bang off the walls of my brain, never to be conceptualized.  I admit, I usually have an idea and then don't follow through.

Worse is when I do follow through, stick with it for but a fortnight, and then discard it assuming it was a stupid idea.  The idea wasn't stupid though, I just don't stick with things long enough to make them work. 

I guess that is why I'm writing this post.  Even though this blogs state is in a current pile of poop, I'm going to keep writing.  I will stick with this.  I will not give up.  Sometimes you just have to take a break from ideas, step back, and then try again with a renewed perspective. 

A good example of this is J Moneys side hustle series.  I pledged to start making money on Craigslist many months ago.  I took the business approach and attempted to buy low, sell high, and turn a profit.

Can this approach be done.  Yes!  By me?  Not so much;)  I consider myself a good salesman...but I just wasn't willing to put in the time to study the market trends, be patient to buy the right products, and then post multiple times on CL or ebay.  So I quit...

Fast forward to today.  Due to a party we are having in October, (October came fast!), I am decluttering the basement.  I figured, what the hey I'll snap a couple photos of some of this junk and throw it up on CL.

Low and behold, someone else was interested in my junk!  I've already sold one item for $10.00...woo hoo!  I didn't even have to make an extra trip to sell, it was on my way home from work.  So I'm +10 bucks and - junk.  Win win.  The guy I sold to got a really good deal on a barely used tool.  Win win win.

In fact, I'm probably going to sell another item this Saturday for 50.00 or whatever the guy/gal offers me within reason.

Why is the CL working for me now and not earlier.  It could be a number of things.  I'm not desperate anymore or trying really hard...you ever smell a desperate salesman (they smell bad).  It could be that my postings have gotten better or maybe I just got lucky.

I don't really care.  I making those phat stacks baby!  Well, at least a little extra cash anyway. 

You may ask what is your point Old School...you suckered me in here telling me your content sucked, and then you flip the script, what gives?

I don't really know.  That is my point.  I don't know the direction this blog is headed, I don't know the direction I'm headed, and I really don't know where I will end up.

One thing I do know is that I think I'm going to keep writing though.

I kind of like it and I hope you do to.

Dueces.

OSC out.